It's that special time of year, the time when retail jewelers advertise non-stop and chocolatiers strike gold. Now is when an infinite number of greeting cards and roses are delivered to loved near and across World Showcase Lagoon. Whether you celebrate Valentine's Day in little ways or big ways, here are a few photo related gifts that you still have time to purchase and create.
1. Cake! Yes, cake. These days it's pretty easy to find a bakery or grocery store such as Shaw's and Stater Bros. that will put an edible photograph on a cake. Just bring them a print and they'll handle the rest.
2. Photo book. You'll need a CD, memory card or images already on your hard drive to create a book online. Most e-commerce companies like Snapfish and Shutterfly can ship your book in time for the holiday. Another alternative is to order your book online at Ritzpix and then pick up your book in a local store.
3. Digitial Photo Frame. These are extremely popular nowadays. With just one memory card inserted, the frame will play all of the images like a slide show. If you're within a budget, check out Target or Staples. Higher quality merchandise can be found at The Sharper Image and Circuit City.
4. Portrait sitting. How romantic would it be to have a professional photographer capture the two of you on the beach, in an arboretum or perhaps in the studio. Treasured memories will last a lifetime.
5. Locket. Certainly one of the most beloved gifts given on Valentine's Day and Mother's Day is a locket with a photo inside of you and/or your children.
The previous post in this blog was Focus on Disney World - Where in the World? #26.
The next post in this blog is Photographic Innoventions: Castle at Night.