Lee and I will be on board the new Disney Fantasy cruise ship on her Maiden Voyage March 31 - April 7! We're very excited. The Fantasy will be traveling to the Western Caribbean, and our scheduled ports are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Castaway Cay. We'll have two days at sea.
I hope you've all seen some of Deb Wills' and Deb Koma's reports from the Fantasy Preview cruise (thanks to that four-letter word that starts with "w" and ends with "k", I was not able to go this time). Here's links to a few of them:
Photos from Day 1
Preview Cruise Day1
Preview Cruise Day 2
Preview Cruise Day 3
The ship looks just beautiful and I'm looking forward to having a whole week to get to know her!
Just in case you haven't heard, here are some things that are new on the Fantasy:
- The Case of the Stolen Show is the new "Enchanted Art" interactive whodunnit game - starring...The Muppets!!!. I love the Muppets and I can't wait to try this.
- Animator's Palate offers a totally new dining show experience, where guests get to be the animators. I'm really interested in seeing how this works.
- New shows! There are two new Broadway-style shows on the Fantasy: Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular, and Disney Wishes. Aladdin is largely based on the long-running show at Disney California Adventure, and it will be interesting to see how they have adapted it to a cruise ship.
- Europa is the new Adult District, with new themed areas like The Tube, O'Gill's Pub, and Ooh La La. The Disney Fantasy version of Skyline features European cities: Paris, London, Barcelona, Athens, and St. Petersburg.
- Royal Court - In the spirit of Lumiere's, Triton's, and Royal Palace, Royal Court is the most elegant of the three rotational dining restaurants on the Fantasy, and offers Continental and French cuisine.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique comes to a Disney cruise ship! Princesses can receive magical makeovers, and on Pirate Night, wannabe pirates of all ages can be transformed into swashbuckling scurvy scum and initiated into The Pirate's League. (I think we're going to do this!)
- AquaLab - an interactive squirting and spurting waterplay area on Deck 12.
- Satellite Falls- a new adult-only sunny deck area with a splash pool and rain curtain fountain.
I'm planning to blog each day, if I have internet connectivity - always a big if. If not, we'll post the blogs after the cruise. And yes, I'll post food blogs, too!
You can also follow me on Twitter: @AllEarsLaura
The previous post in this blog was DCA Merchandise Showcase Event and Radiator Springs Racers Testing.
The next post in this blog is Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage - Day 0.