Try the Beverly
Do you remember your first sip of Beverly at EPCOT’s Club Cool?
Have you ever watched someone else take their first taste?
If you answered yes to these two questions then I’m sure you will agree with me; when it comes to Beverly it’s more fun watching than it is tasting!
Have you ever taken a friend into Club Cool and urged them to try the Beverly?
Me too! It’s so much fun watching their faces get all twisted and puckered-up as the flavour sensation sinks in! It just never gets old!
Club Cool is located on the west side of the fountain, on your right as you head from Spaceship Earth toward the World Showcase Lagoon. It is sponsored by the Coca Cola Company and offers free samples of Coke beverages from around the world.
There are several dispensing stations inside, just pull out one of the little paper cups and help yourself.
You can even spend a few minutes shopping for Coke merchandise.
On a hot Florida afternoon Club Cool can be a real oasis! A cool, air-conditioned haven offering free cold drinks! What could be wrong with that?
Beverly, that’s what could be wrong! It may be popular in Italy, but I’ve never spoken with a North American who enjoyed it.
Most of the other flavours are quite tasty and refreshing, but Beverly is definitely an OMG experience for me!
Here's how Coca Cola describes the flavours they offer at Club Cool:
• From Brazil: Guarana Kuat - Guarana Kuat is a guarana berry flavored soft drink first launched in Brazil in 1997. The word guanara comes from the Guarani word guara-ná, which translates to “fruit like the eyes of the people.”
• From Greece: Fanta Pineapple – Fanta has more than 90 distinct flavors available in more than 180 countries. It made it’s European debut in the 1940’s and was introduced to the USA in 1960. Fanta Pineapple is caffeine-free and features a sweet pineapple taste.
• From Japan: VegitaBeta – Originally launched in Japan in 1992, VegitaBeta is a non-carbonated beverage with apricot and passion fruit flavors and is rich in beta-carotene that contributes to its unique yellowish-orange color.
• From Peru: Inca Kola – Known as “The Taste of Peru,” this soda has an unusually sweet fruity flavor that many compare to the taste of liquid bubblegum. The name “Inca Kola” refers to the Quechua words for king and queen.
• From South Africa: Bibo – Originally created in 1998, Bibo is a fruit flavored line of juice drinks popular in South Africa. The brand features fun characters such as Johnny Orange, Taka Strawberry and Paolo Peach.
• From Thailand: Fanta Lemon Frosty – Fanta is the number one soft drink of Thailand. With a fun melon flavor, this carbonated beverage is beloved in Thailand’s sunny, tropical climate.
• From Zimbabwe: Spar-letta Sparberry – A raspberry flavored cream soda, Sparberry launched in Africa in 1955. It is exclusively available in several countries in southeast Africa.
And finally, the pièce de résistance, the pucker producer itself:
• From Italy: Beverly – Beverly, with its bitter flavor, is a popular non-alcoholic apéritif that is a traditional part of Italian refreshment culture.
Bitter flavor? I’ll say! To my uneducated palate Beverly tastes like vinegar mixed with alum . . . but of course that’s the beauty of it! It always produces exactly the same reaction in everyone who tastes it. Suddenly they look like Jim Carrey; their faces twisted in impossible contortions and their lips all puckered. It’s a beautiful thing!
Try this experiment with your friends . . .
Take them into Club Cool and say, “Try the Beverly; I think you’ll like it.”
Be sure to have your camera ready to capture a “Magical Disney Moment!”