LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - Downtown Disney Pleasure Island guests can embrace their inner Irish and celebrate the most authentic St. Patrick's Day festivities in town March 14-17 at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant. Live Irish music, dance and authentic cuisine by Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon headline a spirited long weekend dubbed the Mighty St. Patrick's Festival.
Guests ready to "get their green on" can participate in festivities that run from 6 p.m. until 1 a.m. March 14 and 15 and from noon until 1 a.m. March 16 and 17. The lineup of Irish band performances begins with a festival kickoff March 8-10 by The Willis Clan, a family of artists and musicians who merge their Irish roots with other music and dance genres to create a unique style.
Beginning March 14 and culminating March 17, events will feature:
• Performances by The Willis Clan, Girsa, Three Dollar Band and Johnny & Justin, The Farrell Bros, Raglan Road house band Creel
• World-famous U2 tribute band Elevation, playing Saturday and Sunday
• The Raglan Road Dancers, seven full-time champion dancers, performing daily
• Renowned Irish dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack of the original Riverdance cast, leading Irish Dance Workshops "From Roots to Riverdance" Friday through Sunday
• Distinguished Dublin-born multi-instrumentalist Declan Masterson, recent touring musical director of Riverdance, leading Irish Music Workshops "Between the Jigs and the Reels"
• Ceili (kay-lee) traditional music and structured set-dancing event on Saturday, inviting guest participation
• "The Electric Ceili," Sunday evening, with more than 50 musicians and dancers on the Waterfront Stage
Festivities at Raglan Road and in surrounding Pleasure Island areas will include face painting, stilt walkers, competitions, giveaways and plenty of St. Patrick's Day memorabilia. Thursday through Saturday, guests can order from Raglan Road's popular lunch, dinner and bar menus. The dinner menu, which includes loin of bacon and cabbage, the authentic Irish dish of St. Patrick's Day, is available all day Sunday. Throughout the event, the restaurant's Cooke's of Dublin counter-service eatery will offer Irish favorites like fish and chips, battered sausages and deep-fried candy bars; guests will discover additional food offerings across Pleasure Island.
On Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, St. Patrick's Day, guests will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis. Saturday, the pub and restaurant cover charge of $5 will apply to each guest 18 and older; on Sunday, the cover charge is $10. Reservations can be booked for March 14 and 15 by calling 407/938-0300.
Pubs in Ireland have long been considered a place for families to gather. Following that tradition, Raglan Road is a place to meet friends and family and experience the Irish culture on St Patrick's Day and everyday. Guests are encouraged to proudly wear a sprig of Shamrock as is the tradition in Ireland and participate in "the wearin' of the green."
During any visit to Raglan Road, be it brunch, lunch or dinner, guests can belly up to one of the restaurant's 130-year-old imported-from-Ireland bars or grab a table for authentic fare. The restaurant, a Diners' Choice 2012 award winner, is known for its beer-battered fish and chips, as well as its Shepherd's pie with a contemporary twist and other popular entrees. Raglan Road offers gluten-free items including scallops, fish and chips, calamari, onion rings and pasta dishes.
Owned and operated by Irish partners Paul Nolan, John Cooke and celebrity chef Kevin Dundon - famous for his five-star hotel and cookery school in Ireland - Raglan Road features traditional Irish dishes and new creations with a Celtic twist. Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant is located on Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney in the Walt Disney World Resort, 1640 E. Buena Vista Dr., Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Visit www.raglanroad.com or call 407/938-0300.
The previous post in this blog was OZ the Great and Powerful - New Clip.
The next post in this blog is Where Art and History Intersect: Epcot Welcomes the Kinsey Collection.