Since the opening of Disneyland in 1955, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts has continued to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation to connect guests with the stories and characters they cherish most and deliver legendary guest service. Disney Cast, Crew and Imagineers constantly ask themselves, "How can we take what we do and do it even better?"
Recent Disney Innovations: A Holistic Approach
Disney Parks continually evaluate all aspects of a guest's visit -- from vacation planning to resort hotels to attractions and entertainment - with the goal of creating a seamless, worry-free experience that enables them to focus on creating memories with family and friends.
Recent examples of Disney Parks' efforts to take the guest experience to the next level include:
• Interactive queues at Walt Disney World attractions like Haunted Mansion, Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid and Test Track immerse guests in the story before they ever set foot in the attraction. Guests don't feel like they are waiting in line at all at Dumbo the Flying Elephant, where parents can relax in the air -conditioned big top while their children play.
• Creativity and technology merge seamlessly in attractions like Radiator Springs Racers and shows like World of Color at Disney California Adventure. At Walt Disney World Resort, Turtle Talk with Crush and Enchanted Tales with Belle offer a personalized experience with favorite characters that is different every time a guest visits.
• Interactive experiences like Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, Disney Phineas & Ferb: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure at Epcot and The Cast of the Stolen Show starring the Muppets on the Disney Fantasy cruise ship enable guest to explore their Disney destination in new ways.
"Over the past few years, we've continued to build on our legacy of innovation to take the entire Disney Guest experience to a new level. Our goal is to deliver a more immersive, more seamless and more personal experience to each and every Guest who spends time with us." - Tom Staggs, chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
Making "How" Guests Experience Disney Parks Even Better: MyMagic+
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is taking another step forward to evolve "how" guests experience Disney Parks and is using technology to make it easier than ever before for guests to make the most of their Walt Disney World visit. Many of these efforts fall under the umbrella of MyMagic+, which has the ability to connect nearly all aspects of the guest experience and make it better for everyone, at no additional charge.
1. A new website and mobile app called My Disney Experience provides a one--stop shop for all things Walt Disney World throughout every phase of a guest's vacation. It will enable guests to:
• Get more information on all Walt Disney World Resort has to offer, from resort hotels and attractions to dining and merchandise.
• Design the overall experience they want, planning as much or as little as they wish.
• Make dining and other reservations and FastPass+ selections.
• Connect with family and friends to coordinate plans and share photos.
2. Disney FastPass+ service. Guests will be able to select FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences through My Disney Experience before they leave home and make changes on the go. For the first time, guests will be able to reserve firework and parade viewing areas, shows, Disney Character Greetings and more, in addition to their favorite attractions.
• For guests who don't know where to start, Disney will recommend FastPicks - a set of three FastPass+ selections that serve as a starting point - and give guests the option to customize their selections.
• Disney FastPass+ service is included with Theme Park admission.
3. MagicBand. Worn on the wrist, the colorful MagicBand is an all-"in-"one device that effortlessly connects all the vacation choices guests make online with My Disney Experience.
• Guests can use their MagicBand to enter their Disney Resort hotel room, buy food and merchandise, and enter Walt Disney World theme parks and water parks. Plus, the MagicBand provides FastPass+ access to all the experiences selected and serves as the connection to Disney's PhotoPass .
• The MagicBand is initially available to select Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests and guests who purchase other specific products. Other guests will be able to use their standard ticket to access the benefits of MyMagic+, such as making FastPass+ selections on My Disney Experience.
Like any offering, MyMagic+ will evolve over time based on guest and Cast feedback. Additional features are in development and will be introduced in the future.
The previous post in this blog was Walt Disney World Offer - Save up to 30%.
The next post in this blog is D23 MEMBERS SAVE BIG WITH NEW, EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS AND OFFERS FROM DISNEY AND BEYOND.