Luxury Resort Announces October Programming to Complement Epcot Food & Wine Festival
ORLANDO, Fl. – Culinary fans, wine enthusiasts, and foodies will find a delicious “home base” at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, as the new luxury resort hotel hosts Orlando Food & Wine Weekends, Sept. 30 – Oct. 30, 2011.
For five weekends, the resort will feature special programming and events aimed to complement and “fill the gaps” around the wildly popular Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, held at the nearby Disney theme park.
“For the past 15 years, Disney has done an amazing job of building their Food & Wine Festival at Epcot,” said Peter Kacheris, managing director of Waldorf Astoria Orlando. “As the festival has grown, so has the public’s appetite for additional culinary-focused experiences. We’ve created our Orlando Food & Wine Weekends to highlight our own culinary team while we complement the Epcot festival.”
Orlando Food & Wine Weekends events will be held at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, which is conveniently located less than one mile from Epcot, and accessible inside the gates of the Walt Disney World Resort.
Event highlights include:
• “Grand Pairings” Wine Dinners – These exclusive events are scheduled Friday evenings at Bull & Bear restaurant. Diners will enjoy an extravagant prix-fixe meal paired with wines from select wineries. Wine representatives will be on hand to discuss these special pairings. 7pm, $200 per person (tax and gratuity included) Reservations: 407-597-5409.
o Friday Sept. 30 - featuring Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars .
Presenter will be Lori Barranon from St. Michelle Wine Estates.
o Friday Oct. 7 - featuring Robert Mondavi Winery.
Presenter will be Teresa Romi from Constellation Winery.
o Friday Oct. 14 - featuring Ferrari Carano Winery.
Presenter will be Jim Boswell of Ferrari Carano Winery.
• Bull & Bear Prix-Fixe Chef’s Tasting Menu – Join us at Bull & Bear as Chef David Sears offers an extraordinary prix-fixe menu featuring superb food and wine pairings. Reservations: 407-597-5409.
o Saturday Oct. 1 - featuring Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars
o Saturday Oct. 8 - featuring Robert Mondavi Winery
o Saturday Oct. 15 - featuring Ferrari Carano Winery
o Saturday Oct. 22 - featuring Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars
o Friday Oct. 28 - winery TBA
o Saturday Oct. 29 - winery TBA
• Trick or Treating for Adults – An event destined for your Facebook photo gallery! Purchase a passport to enjoy a featured drink during your stay at each of six lounge venues:
Bull & Bear lounge, Aquamarine pool bar, Peacock Alley lounge, Sir Harry’s lounge, La Luce lounge, and Sena lounge. Talk about a treat – and no costume is required! ($50 per couple)
• Ashton Cigars “Grand Pairings” Wine & Cigar Dinner – Featuring Ashton Cigars, Stag’s Leap Cellars wine, and The Glenlivet Scotch. The third course will include bull and bear – a “briquette” of aged striploin with truffle ashes, and “pressed” black bear braised in Syrah Jus. Lori Barranon will present on behalf of Stag’s Leap Cellars, and Liz Hannah from The Glenlivet Scotch. Reservations: 407-597-5409.
o Friday Oct. 21 6:30pm, $150 per person (tax and gratuity included)
• Up Late at Sir Harry’s – A Food & Wine Culinary After-Glow -- Why go to bed early? We’re creating a fun experience for foodies to hang out AFTER the Epcot Food & Wine Festival is over for the evening, and we’re inviting the entire culinary community to join us! Sir Harry’s Lounge becomes the “place to be” for culinary fans and foodies, as you sit back, relax and enjoy the live music and camaraderie. Also, guests can participate in sampling, and enjoy an assortment of gourmet small bites that showcase our culinary team. (Friday and Saturday nights – 10pm until 1am)
• Steak and Eggs Breakfast at Bull & Bear – In the summer of 2010, we invited a group of food bloggers to indulge in a one-of-a-kind experience: a fine-dining “Steak and Eggs Breakfast” at Bull & Bear. The participants raved over this memorable meal as they tweeted mouth-watering photos to their fans. Almost immediately, our guests began to ask when we would be offering this opportunity again! So, for one month only, we bring back the spectacle that is known as “Steak and Eggs Breakfast at Bull & Bear,” featuring Certified Angus Beef Prime. (Sunday mornings in October, from 10:30am until 1pm. Prix-fixe price is $49 per person, and includes a drink from the Bloody Mary Station.) Reservations: 407-597-5409.
• Waldorf Astoria Chocolate Shop – Meet Waldorf Astoria’s pastry chefs in this special venue created especially for Food & Wine Weekends, as they share tricks and tidbits during sugar-sweetened demos. Friday and Saturday evenings (5-7pm).
• Friday Night Flights Wine Tasting Experience, scheduled Friday evenings at Sir Harry’s (6-10pm, $25 per person)
o Friday Sept. 30 - featuring Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars
o Friday Oct. 7 - featuring Robert Mondavi Winery
o Friday Oct. 14 - featuring Ferrari Carano Winery
o Friday Oct. 21 - featuring Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars
o Friday Oct. 28 - winery TBA
• Live Entertainment. After dinner on Friday and Saturday, enjoy the Jazz-infused Joseph Jevanni, appearing live at Peacock Alley, 8:30 – 11:30pm. Also, the modern lounge vibes of HarvesTown are featured live 10pm-1am in Sir Harry's Lounge.
• Astoria After Dark – nightly children’s dining program at WA Kids Club, giving parents the opportunity to dine at our restaurants or attend our events.
A companion Orlando Food & Wine Weekends package includes:
• Deluxe guest room
• $25 gift card to use at the “sampling” booths in World Showcase, home to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival (one per package and per family)
• Complimentary scheduled transportation to Epcot® (and other Disney® theme parks)
• 2pm late check-out on Sunday afternoon
• 10 percent discount for the “Grand Pairings” Wine Dinners at Bull & Bear, excluding Ashton Cigar Dinner.
• In addition, an opportunity to participate in special events and experiences**
For more information or reservations on this Waldorf Astoria Orlando weekend package, please visit www.waldorfastoriafoodwineweekends.com, or call 888-353-2009 and reference FDWNFS. For additional schedule updates, visit www.bonnetcreekblog.com.
**See calendar of events for complete details. For the ultimate in flexibility, these experiences are priced a la carte. Advance or day-of sign ups may be necessary, please see Concierge for further information.
The previous post in this blog was Chimpanzees Receive Emergency Support from the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund.
The next post in this blog is The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Contract to 2016 for Robert A. Iger as Part of Succession Plan.